Terms & Conditions
- (a) I hold a full-time or affiliated post with an established EU-based clinical or research institute.
- (b) I have demonstrable prior experience in the conduct of clinical research in the field of ophthalmology.
- (c) I am familiar and experienced with the administrative, insurance and regulatory requirements for the conduct of EU-based clinical research studies.
- (d) I understand that Expressions-of-Interest will be evaluated by the ESCRS Research Committee (including other independent peer reviewers) who will generate a short-list of applicants to be invited to make a full comprehensive research proposal. I understand that all decisions on Expressions-of-Interest and/or short-listed proposals made by the ESCRS shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into on any matters arising from any the Pioneer Research Awards.
- (e)I confirm that I am the author of the application and am a young ophthalmologist aged 40 or less on the submission deadline date, 29 May 2020. I have current ESCRS membership and have been a member for at least the last three consecutive years, holding a full time clinical/research post at an EU-based clinical or academic centre and my ESCRS membership number is included on my Expression-of-Interest submission.
Any queries prior to submission of an Expression-of-Interest application should be directed to Dr. Gearóid Tuohy at email@example.com